Biloxi Family Theatre

734 Lameuse Street,
Biloxi, MS 39530

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 5 comments

rivest266 on July 22, 2021 at 2:17 pm

On March 19, 1959, the Meyer Theatre was renamed Biloxi Family Theatre and closed in 1967.

rivest266 on February 2, 2013 at 3:12 pm

May 17th, 1940 grand opening ad uploaded here.

wsaucier on August 17, 2011 at 4:48 pm

The Meyer Theatre opened on May 17, 1940. It’s opening picture that evening was “Alias The Deacon” with comedian and radio humorist Bob Burns. The Meyer was designed by local architect Jack Fayard and had 400 seats in the main auditorium and 200 seats in the balcony. The wood frame 40 by 110 feet building was sold in January 1960 by the Meyers family to B & D Theatres of Biloxi, who were opening several old closed theatres in the area, for the sum of $60,000.

wsaucier on July 9, 2009 at 9:22 pm

The Meyer family also operated the Avenue and the Harlem Theatres in Biloxi

wsaucier on June 24, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Odeus and Calus Meyers, store owners on Division Street, announced on February 16, 1940 thay would build the Meyer Theatre on the corner of Lameuse and Division Streets. In its final years the Meyer was known as the Biloxi Theatre (not to be confused with the later United Artists Biloxi 10 Theatre).