33 Canmore Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Alhambra Dunfermline (Official)
Architects: John Fraser
Previous Names: Alhambra Cinema
News About This Theater
- Sep 11, 2007 — Alhambra Cinema Theatre to be restored to live theatre
The Alhambra Theatre was built in 1922 as a theatre, became a cinema in the 1930’s, operated by the Thomas Ormiston chain. Later taken over by the J.N.Milne Theatres chain, this continued until the mid-1960’s. It was then converted into a bingo club and this lasted for 40 years.
It is a large theatre, holding 1,700, and is built on an extremely sloping site with the foyer at the top of the slope.
Work began in 2007 to restore and re-open the building as a live theatre/performance venue. The Alhambra Theatre was re-opened in 2008 as a venue for music and comedy performances. Film returned from 3rd March 2011, when “The Kings Speech” became the first film to be screened in the building for over 40 years.
In 1991, Historic Scotland designated the Alhambra Cinema a Grade B Listed building.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.