1416 Northwood Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Janus Theatres
Previous Names: Janus 1 & 2
- Red Cinemas
- Terrace Theatres at Friendl...
- Regal Greensboro Grande Cin...
- Victory Theater
- Elm Theatre
News About This Theater
- May 23, 2012 — Celebrating the Original STAR WARS on its 35th Anniversary
The Janus Theatres in Greensboro North Carolina opened its doors to the public on December 20, 1968 as a twin theatre. It was the South’s most elegant theatre and it was the second twin theatre to open in North Carolina. At the time of its opening the Janus 1 & 2 was one of the first modern ultra theatres in the South between Washington and Atlanta. to have full automated projection and stereophonic sound. The first films shown were “Yellow Submarine” and “Elvira Madigan”. By 1970 it expanded to four screens and by 1975 three more screens were added to expand to seven screens. By 1981, it eventually grew to eight screens and was Greensboro’s top entertainment showplace when it closed on June 27, 2000. It was demolished to make way for luxury condos and speciality shops. The Janus Theatres showed many first-run blockbusters and well as smaller independent and art films, as well as special features of interest.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.