10233 Jasper Avenue NW,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Famous Players
News About This Theater
Edmonton architectural firm Stanley & Stanley designed the Paramount Theatre in the rather austere International Modern style of the early-1950’s. It featured a stone facade, an angled canopy across the width of the building, and a vertical marquee. The Paramount Theatre opened on July 4th, 1952 with Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis in “Jumping Jacks”. With its original 1,500 seats, it was Edmonton’s largest cinema, but the seating was greatly reduced in a renovation on June 21, 1985.
Despite declining attendance, the Paramount Theatre remained open until closure on June 26, 2003 with “Rugrats Go Wild!”. After its closing, there were plans to make the Paramount Theatre a venue for live performances as well as special event movies, but more recent plans envisioned its conversion to an IMAX theatre. It became a church in July 2006. The church had moved out by 2022.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.