Redland Theatre

608 Frisco Avenue,
Clinton, OK 73601

Unfavorite 2 people favorited this theater

Additional Info

Functions: Retail

Previous Names: Rialto Theatre

Nearby Theaters

Redland Theater, Clinton, OK

The Rialto Theatre was opened by 1920 and was still operating under that name in 1957. It later became the Redland Theatre. The outside of this theatre has been well preserved, but the inside is now being used as a beauty supply shop.

Contributed by Lauren Grubb

Recent comments (view all 11 comments)

jchapman1 on July 8, 2007 at 10:45 am

Another shot of the beautiful Redland Theatre can be found below.

raybradley on September 6, 2007 at 8:25 pm

Within the Oklahoma Historical Society Archives are 1963 photos. See them by typing in word “redland”,
View link

Don Lewis
Don Lewis on May 7, 2008 at 1:53 pm

A 1992 view of the Redland Theater here and here after some very nice ornate brickwork had been coverd up with some ugly metal paneling. (See postings above.)

seymourcox on July 11, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Recent color snapshots of the Redland Theatre can be found on this page;

raybradley on March 26, 2011 at 6:34 am

Today the Redland Theatre has been restored to its original look. Thank goodness that tacky gray sheet metal false front has been stripped away.
View link

TLSLOEWS on March 26, 2011 at 6:46 am

Classic looking marquee,very nice.

kpdennis on January 20, 2016 at 7:32 pm

Drove through Clinton today and visited the Redland – it’s for sale. Amazing that this town has no operating theatre.

kpdennis on May 2, 2016 at 11:56 pm

Passing through Clinton, and noticed activity inside the Redland. Stopped and met the young couple who purchased the venue. Their goal is to restore the interior and reopen the theater. Stay tuned.

DavidZornig on September 15, 2020 at 11:07 am

2013 street view shows it was Resolution Apparel at that time.

dallasmovietheaters on August 10, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Guessy dates in description are off. The Rialto Theatre opened April 10, 1922. It installed sound to remain viable for Griffith Amusements before closing for a major refresh under new operator Charles J. Oliver after the July 4, 1950 showing of Gene Autry in “Mule Train” supported by the Popeye cartoon, “A Dream Walking” plus a newsreel.

The new Redland Theatre then launches after an open house with its formal opening on September 15, 1950 with Joan Caulfield as “The Petty Girl.” The Electra Neon Sign Company’s $800 signage was an unbilled star that night, as well. In 1954, the theatre transformed to widescreen projection to present CinemaScope titles.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.