516 S. Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Nuart Theater (Official)
Previously operated by: Carmike Cinemas
Milburn Kenworthy built the Nuart Theater in 1935, three doors away from his 1926 Kenworthy Theatre. The restored Kenworthy Theatre now serves as Moscow’s performing arts center and the Nuart Theater, which was operated by Carmike Cinemas for many years, was closed in March of 1999 for first-run movies but remains in excellent condition.
The Nuart Theater was purchased by Community Christian Ministries in January of 2004, and they have renovated the original 500-seat theatre to include the Redhawk Crossing Bookstore, wireless internet ports, an espresso bar and couches to read books on spirituality. A small stage has been built in the lobby for their open-mic nights and on Fridays the Nuart Theatre returns to its roots with free movies.
The Nuart Theater, along with its neighbor, the Kenworthy Theatre, was put on the National Register of Historic Places in November of 2001.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.