330 N. Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Affiliated Theaters Inc. (Indianapolis)
Architects: Herbert William Foltz
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Vaudet Theatre
The Princess Theatre, located on Rushville’s Main Street, opened in 1915 in a building owned by the Masons (the organization still owns the building today). Originally, the Princess Theatre was exclusively for live performances, including plays and later vaudeville, but in 1936, the theatre became a movie house. By 1950, the Princess Theatre was operated by Affiliated Theaters Inc, of Indianapolis, IN. It remained in operation into the late-1980’s but then sat vacant for several decades.
A group founded in 2002, Princess Theatre, Inc., with the intention of restoring the theatre to its 1930’s appearance, hopes to use the Princess Theatre to show movies and for community gatherings. It is expected to cost nearly $200,000 to restore the theatre. Following restoration, it was reopened on December 1, 2018 screening first run movies.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.