AMC 309 Cinema 9
1210 Bethlehem Pike, Routes 309 and 63,
5 people favorited this theater
AMC Theatres (Official)
Operated by: AMC Theatres
Functions: Movies (First Run)
This theatre was built by William Goldman & Co. as a single-screen theatre which opened April 10, 1968. Originally owned by Budco, which also owned the adjacent 309 Drive-In. Twinned on February 8, 1974. On February 1, 1980 another screen was added on the right side of the existing building.
In 1982 a fourth screen was added on the left side of the existing building. When AMC took over the Budco chain, they added four more screens on the north side of the building on December 3, 1982. On June 20, 1986 it became a 9-screen cinema. The theatre’s famous sign is the hexagonal “3 0 9” on the building, and the neon “309” sign on Route 309. It was closed for refurbishment/rebuilding on May 23, 2017. It was reopened March 30, 2018.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.