Showing 5,201 - 5,225 of 20,365 comments
opening article:
Valley cinema opening article 10 Jan 1976, Sat Roanoke Times and World-News (Roanoke, Virginia) Newspapers.com
Grand opening ad posted.
Grand opening ads posted.
opened in 1950 and twinned on April 9th, 1976
4 screens on May 18th, 1979, and six on July 1st, 1983, and closed on September 28th, 2000. 1976 and 1983 grand opening ads posted.
The second screen opened on May 4th, 1984. It was owned by ABC Southeastern, Plitt, Cineplex Odeon (keeping the Plitt branding), Litchfield and UA. 1984 grand reopening ad posted.
The AmStar Stadium 14 opened on March 17th, 2000. Grand opening ad posted.
This opened as the Reel Theatre 6 - Overland on December 20th, 1994. Grand opening ad posted.
Reopened as the 220 Drive-In on February 26th. 1970 with “Love Camp 7” an Naziploitation film, which was seized by police on March 4th. Grand opening ad posted. Love Camp 7 was seized from the 220 Drive-In 05 Mar 1970, Thu The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, Virginia) Newspapers.com
Typical Cineplex Odeon colors.
Opened by Cineplex Odeon on August 4th, 1989. Grand opening ad posted.
Cineplex Odeon Northgate opening 04 Aug 1989, Fri The Idaho Statesman (Boise, Idaho) Newspapers.com
Reopened by Reel Theatres on November 21st, 1988. Grand opening ads posted.
Closed 1986 as Cineplex Odeon was not interested in drive-ins.
Closed 1985
The Flicks opened on September 27th, 1984 and added its 2nd screen on February 5th, 1988. 1984 grand opening ad posted.
Closed 1983.
closed 1983.
Screens 2 & 3 opened on April 22nd, 1983.
opened on November 1st, 1981. Grand opening ad posted.
It closed or stopped placing ads in the Statesman in 1980.
2nd and 3rd screen opened on June 12th, 1980. Another ad posted.
It was at 6930 Wood Haven Rd, where the Cornerstone church now stands. Source: http://www.driveins.org/va-roanoke-lochhaven.htm
Closed in 1958.
opening article:
Grand opening ad posted.
Grand opening ads posted.
Grand opening ad posted.
opened in 1950 and twinned on April 9th, 1976
4 screens on May 18th, 1979, and six on July 1st, 1983, and closed on September 28th, 2000. 1976 and 1983 grand opening ads posted.
The second screen opened on May 4th, 1984. It was owned by ABC Southeastern, Plitt, Cineplex Odeon (keeping the Plitt branding), Litchfield and UA. 1984 grand reopening ad posted.
The AmStar Stadium 14 opened on March 17th, 2000. Grand opening ad posted.
This opened as the Reel Theatre 6 - Overland on December 20th, 1994. Grand opening ad posted.
Reopened as the 220 Drive-In on February 26th. 1970 with “Love Camp 7” an Naziploitation film, which was seized by police on March 4th. Grand opening ad posted.
Love Camp 7 was seized from the 220 Drive-In 05 Mar 1970, Thu The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, Virginia) Newspapers.com
Grand opening ads posted.
Typical Cineplex Odeon colors.
Opened by Cineplex Odeon on August 4th, 1989. Grand opening ad posted.
Reopened by Reel Theatres on November 21st, 1988. Grand opening ads posted.
Closed 1986 as Cineplex Odeon was not interested in drive-ins.
Closed 1985
The Flicks opened on September 27th, 1984 and added its 2nd screen on February 5th, 1988. 1984 grand opening ad posted.
Closed 1983.
closed 1983.
Screens 2 & 3 opened on April 22nd, 1983.
opened on November 1st, 1981. Grand opening ad posted.
It closed or stopped placing ads in the Statesman in 1980.
2nd and 3rd screen opened on June 12th, 1980. Another ad posted.
It was at 6930 Wood Haven Rd, where the Cornerstone church now stands. Source: http://www.driveins.org/va-roanoke-lochhaven.htm
Closed in 1958.