915 Broad Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Brandt Theaters
Architects: Thomas White Lamb
Built in 1920, a report on the construction of the building states: ‘The theatre is of the latest type with the rear portion of the auditorium raised to give the effect of a balcony, and which portion is easily accessible from the middle of the auditorium’. This sounds like it was a stadium styled theatre, with no overhanging balcony.
Another innovation in the construction was the use of and design of the structural steel for the roof beams. The method used enabled the scheme to reduce the heights of the brick walls to a minimum and increasing the slope of the roof to a maximum. No regular stage was provided, but the theatre was built so that provisions could be made if in the future it became necessary to have one.
It is listed as being operated by Brandt Theaters in listings for 1941 and 1950. After closing it went into retail use and has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.