East London Cabaret Theatre
1A Adelaide Road,
1 person favorited this theater
East London Cabaret Theatre (Official)
Architects: John Johnson
Styles: Italian Renaissance
Previous Names: Leyton Great Hall
Located in the east London district of Leyton at the corner of High Road Leyton and Adelaide Road. The Leyton Town Hall was opened on 18th March 1896 by the Duke & Duchess of York (later King George V & Queen Mary). Designed by architect John Johnson, its Italianate style exterior is in red brick with Portland stone dressings, and is an attractive civic building, which also contains Leyton Great Hall. In the early-1900’s and up to at least 1914, Leyton Great Hall was used for showing silent films.
The building was sold by the London Borough of Waltham Forest in 2007 to Michael Polledri MBE, operating as Lee Valley Estates, who refurbished it to reopen in 2010. It operated as the Leyton Great Hall as an entertainment building. In 2021 the Leyton Great Hall was renamed East London Cabaret Theatre, presenting a wide range of entertainments, including films. It is a Grade II Listed building
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.