29 Peter Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Barrasford Circuit
Previous Names: Grand Circus, Grand Temperance Theatre of Varieties, Grand Theatre of Varieties, Grand Pavilion and Theatre of Varieties
Located in the City Centre on Peter Street at the corner with Jerusalem Place. The Grand Circus was opened on 22nd September 1883. Seating was provided in stalls, two balconies which extended in slips and an upper gallery. In 1893 it was converted into theatre use, opening as the Grand Temperance Theatre of Varieties which opened on 10th February 1893. Around 1903 it was operated by Thomas Barrasford as the Grand Theatre of Varieties, but had closed by 1905 and in 1906 he passed it on to other operators. It was closed as a theatre in March 1916.
In 1916 alterations were made and it reopened as the Palladium Cinema. In 1924 it was closed and converted into a church. In the 1970’s the original façade was removed to be replaced by a plain brick façade. The church moved out and it became a Chicago Rock Café restaurant. In 2014 it became the Sakana Restaurant, and by 2022 it operates as the Peaky Blinders restaurant & bar. The original exterior of the building on Jerusalem Place is still visible, but the interior of auditorium has been modified.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.