5036 North Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Lowell Theatre opened under the Komm Theatre banner in 1927 and seated 792 on two floors. The balcony had a high pitch and almost had as many seats and the main floor. (372 in the balcony and 410 on the main floor). The Lowell was a really nicely done neighborhood house and had a good sized lobby with a large concession stand.
The theatre never really did pack them in but Komm was proud of the Lowell so he kept it open until 1954. Part of the reason it never had a big draw was because it was located in an area on North Broadway that was all warehouses and manufacturing plants.
In its last four or five years it went to a weekends only operation. It closed in October of 1954. After it was closed it was used as a furniture warehouse until it was demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.