E. Jefferson Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Hoy Theatre is very short-lived, only operated for 166 days in total, which sits next to the Franklin Theatre.
The Hoy Theatre opened its doors on September 20, 1936 with Irene Dunne and Robert Taylor in “Magnificent Obsession”. On its opening day, there were a number of baskets of flowers sent by well-wishers to the management in the lobby.
The Hoy Theatre operated until March 6, 1937 and was closed. It closed due to a merger of the Franklin Theatre, with the Artcraft Theatre and the Hoy Theatre (operated by Syndicate Theatres Incorporated), with a deal between made by Truman Rembusch heading of the Syndicate organization. The Franklin Theatre (owned by Jack Smith and Dr. Rodney Smith of Bloomington, Indiana) and the Artcraft Theatres still continued to operate, but this ended the life of the Hoy Theatre. Later that September, the Hoy Theatre was torn down and was converted into a store room, costing an estimate at $3,000.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.