98 Court Square,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Functions: Performing Arts
Previous Names: Ingram's Theatre
The 225-seat Ingram’s Theatre was opened around 1921 when it was operated by E.F. Ingram. It became the Ashland Theatre. It was the second out of the 2 theatres to open during the same month of February 1934, which opened during the same week at 4 days apart, with the other being the short-lived Paramount Theatre. The Ashland Theatre opened on February 19, 1934 with a special event entitled “City Wives And Country Relations” starring “Rube” Brasfield. It will later become a movie house on June 28, 1934 with Claude Raines in “The Invisible Man” along with an unnamed comedy and cartoon.
Right after the Paramount Theatre closed its doors in 1936, the Ashland Theatre is the only popular movie house in Ashland. On August 14, 1947, Strong Simplex high intensity lamps and Killmorgan Snaplite moulded screens were installed, calling it a remodel.
On November 25, 1954, the theatre installed CinemaScope, with “How To Marry A Millionaire” being the first film to show in CinemaScope at the Ashland Theatre along with a featurette “The Tournament Of Roses”, and a Fox Movietone Newsreel.
The Ashland Theatre continued to operate throughout the 1960’s as well, closing around 1968. Around 2006, following restorations it reopened as a performing arts theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.