Marine Terrace and Terrace Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Municipal Pavilion and Palm Court
Located in the seaside resort of Aberystwyth, Cardiganshire. Built on the site of the Waterloo Hydro Hotel which was burnt out in 1919 and was left derelict until it was demolished in 1933. The Municipal Pavilion & Palm Court was opened on 15th June 1934. Designed in an Art Deco style, a feature of the exterior was a square clock tower. Inside the auditorium seating was provided for 1,500 in stalls and balcony levels. The stage was 40ft wide and 30ft deep. It was equipped to screen films, and this facility was used occasionally. The was an indoor funfair in the basement
It was later re-named Kings Hall and attracted famous music acts such as Lez Zeppelin, Slade, Free, The Rolling Stones, The Osmonds, Jackson 5 & Suzy Quatro. It also had a period of use as a bingo club. The Kings Hall was demolished in 1989. A block of flats with retail & restaurants on the ground floor now occupy the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.