1150 South 6th Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Komm Theaters
The Whiteway Theatre operated from 1915 until its closing in 1948 as part of the Komm Theaters chain. The theatre seated 1,000. Located on the corner of 6th and Hickory, just two blocks away from the start of the South Broadway shopping center it was one of six Komm theatres that was within walking distance of each other. A plain single story structure painted all white with no design on the exterior at all. It had a corner marquee since it was located right on the corner but the box office was at the other side of the front of the building.
The Whiteway Theatre was one of the many theatre that closed when television invaded the homes of the neighborhood. With the Komm Theaters chain having five other theatres in the same neighborhood the Whiteway Theatre was one of the first to close when television came along. It later became a truck repair shop and eventually was demolished when the highway exit was constructed.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.