715 E. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Yet another ‘5¢ Theatre’ appearing on the 1909 map, this one was operating in the eastern storefront of a three story brick commercial building with a stone front.
As originally constructed before 1886, the building dropped to two stories about a quarter of the way back from the street. This half was much deeper than the other, running all the way back to the alley.
The 1901 map shows crockery being sold here. The theatre occupied the front half, while a plumber occupied the rear. The Arcade Theatre was still open in 1915. It had closed by 1926
At some point between 1930 and 1950, most of the buildings on this block were badly mutilated. While the western half at 713 lost the top story, 715 was demolished and replaced by a nondescript store that also filled in the alley that ran to the east of it.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.