807 Commercial Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Emporia Granada Theatre (Official)
Architects: Carl Boller
Firms: Boller Brothers
Previous Names: Fox Granada
News About This Theater
The Granada Theatre is on the National Register of Historic Places since April 1985, based on the facade of the theatre. It first opened on October 3, 1929, with a seating capacity of 1,400 and closed in 1982.
Facing demolition, a group of Emporia businessmen saved the theatre in 1994. Since 1994, the facade has been restored. The Fox marquee which was on the building when the theatre closed has been replaced by a replica of the original Granada marquee.
A three-year capital campaign was completed in December 2003. The campaign was for $2.6 million for the renovation and restoration of the interior of the theatre. The goal of the Emporia Granada Theatre Alliance is to make the theatre a multi-purpose facility for the use of the arts, businesses, and all Emporians.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.