100 S. 2nd Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
No theaters found within 30 miles
The December 1909 Sanborn has a ‘Moving Picture Show’ operating in the ground floor of the opera house.
This was a narrow two-story brick building with an angled corner. It was constructed sometime before 1894, and was very oddly shaped for an opera house. The general plan was much more commonly used by banks. The ground floor was divided into one large space at the front, and two smaller sections at the rear, with their entrances off of C Street. By 1900, the front was a clothing store, while the rear sections held the post office and an insurance office.
At the time of its use as a theatre, the rear of the ground floor was used as a single dwelling, with the opera house continuing in operation on the second floor. This was not a long-lived operation, and by 1918, the theatre space was a drug store, with a paint store and a shoe & harness shop taking the rear sections.
This building was demolished many years ago, and the site is a vacant lot.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.