Kinemathek Karlsruhe & Studio 3
No one has favorited this theater yet
Kinemathek Karlsruhe (Official)
Previously operated by: CineStar
Previous Names: Die Kurbel Filmtheater & Studio 3
No theaters found within 30 miles
Built and opened in 1958 as a replacement to the earlier Die Kurbel Filmtheater (previously the Union Filmtheater/Ufa Theatre located at Kaiserstrasse 211 which has its own page on Cinema Treasures). The new Die Kurbel Film Theater at Kaiserpassage 6 had 2-screens with 750-seats and 222-seats. The smaller screen was named Studio 3. The B 14 projectors were by Bauer. A 4-channel stereophonic sound system by Klangfilm was installed. The seats were by Schroeder & Henselmann. In 1972 the cinema was operated by Olympic Filmbetreibe Heinz Riech and three more screens were added. Later it was renovated and reduced to 4-screens. In 2003 for a short time it was operated by CineStar. In 2005 Bozidar Herbstrith took over the operation. In 2010 3-screens were operated by Kurbel Theater eingetragene Genossenschaft. The Studio 3 screen was operated by the Karlsruher Kinemathek e.V.
Die Kurbel & Studio 3 were closed in 2018. They have re-opened as Kinemathek Karlsruhe.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.