Berliner Strasse 86-88,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Werner Rosendahl
Previous Names: Modernes Theater, Cinema, Cinetal
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in the district of Oberbarmen, the Modernes Theater was opened in 1917. It had 700-seats in orchestra and balcony levels. It was operated by Karl Dangel. In 1928 Paul Dangel took over the operation. In 1929 a Phillips organ was installed. In 1932 a Klangfilm sound system was installed. In 1945 the theater was badly damaged by Allied bombs during World War II.
In 1951 a new Modernes Theater was opened on this site with 750 seats in orchestra and balcony levels. It was designed by architect Werner Rosendahl. The seats were by Schroeder & Henzelmann. The E VII projectors were by Ernemann. In 1971 the cinema was operated by Filmbuhne Dr. Sender. In 1980 it was tripled and re-named Cinema. In 1999 it was for a short period of time re-named Cinetal. It was soon re-named Cinema Programmkino. Since 2013 it has been operated by Jochen Kuhnert Lichtblick Cinema GmbH.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.