No one has favorited this theater yet
Rex Filmtheater (Official)
Architects: Hanns Ruttgers
Previous Names: Salamander Filmbuhne, Theater ohne Namen, Forum Maximum im Rex Theater
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in the city centre close to the railway station in the district of Elberfeld. The Hotel Restaurant im Salamander was opened in 1887 and contained a ballroom which was used for concerts and variety shows. In 1889 short movies were screened as part of the variety programme. In 1937 it was converted into the Apollo Filmtheater. In 1943 it was badly damaged by Allied bombs during World War II.
In 1951 a new cinema was built on the site which opened as the Salamander Filmbuhne. It was operated by Salamander Filmbuhne Dr. Sander KG. Later it was re-named Theater ohne Namen (Theatre Without a Name). The theatre was designed by architect Hanns Ruttgers with 700-seats in orchestra & balcony levels. The seats were by Schroeder & Henzelmann and the AP XII projectors were by Askania. The size of the stage was 20x7 meters.
In 1954 the cinema was re-named Rex Filmtheater. In 1991 Willi Goldermann KG took over the operation and the cinema was twinned. In 1998 the cinema was closed and it began use as a live theatre named Forum Maximum im Rex Theater. In 2014 Jochen Kuhnert & Mustafa El Mesaoudi Lichblick Cinema GmbH took over operation. The cinema screens art-house movies and also live concerts take place. Since 2014 it has been a member of the Europa Cinemas group of art-house cinemas.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.