E. 9th Street and Holmes Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Warder Grand Opera House, New Auditorium Theatre
No theaters found within 30 miles
The Warder Grand Opera House was opened on October 26, 1887 with 1,800-seats. The opening production was “Othello” starring Edwin Booth & Lawrence Barrett. By 1895 it had been renamed Auditorium Theatre. In December 1897 it was destroyed by fire.
It was rebuilt and reopened in 1899. It was listed in the 1914-1915 edition of American Motion Picture Directory. It had closed by 1926. It was reopened as a movie theatre on May 21, 1927 with Rin Tin Tin in “Clash of the Wolves”. It was operated by Samuel Harding, manager of the Liberty Theatre. It seems that it was not a great success as it was still open in 1929, but had closed by 1930 as a silent movie theatre.
In 1960 while under demolition, the building caught fire.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.