1514 N. 2nd Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
No theaters found within 30 miles
The Alice Theatre launched in 1913 on N. 2nd Street in Vincennes and competed against two other N. 2nd Street movie houses in the silent era: the Bijou Theatre (1718 N. 2nd) and the Rex Theatre (1603 N. 2nd) followed soon by the Alhambra Theatre. The theatre’s first screening was “Blood Will Tell” with Francis X. Bushman. Just one year into its operation, owner William Zuber changed both the manager of the theatre and its front adding a plaster front to modernize the venue.
In 1919, Zuber installed a Typhon Fan Cooling system. Zuber sold the Alice Theatre in 1920 to Wilkerson & Lyons. They made the conversion to sound at the Alice Theatre in 1929. In 1936, the theatre got an Art Deco style makeover with lots of colors including yellow brick.
The theatre’s final operator was Pantheon Theatres Co. The Alice Theatre’s final film showed December 1, 1944 when a fire early the next morning destroyed the theatre. In the 21st Century, Vincennes University created a green space where the theatre once stood.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.