E. Depot Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
No theaters found within 30 miles
The 1916 Sanborn shows a theatre on in a large one and a half story brick building on the corner of Court Street and 2nd Main Cross. The building appears on the 1893 map as the A.T. Wilhite livery, and is still serving as a stable and feed store on the 1910 map. Court Street no longer exists, but once ran between what are now called E Library Street and E Depot Street, behind the courthouse. In the satellite view, there is an old sidewalk visible behind the courthouse, which gives a rough idea where the south side of Court Street would have been. What is now E. Depot Street was 2nd Main Cross. The Star Theatre had closed by 1926. Both the street and the structures along it were removed long ago, and the site of the theatre is mostly a vacant lot with a modern structure on part of it.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.