Bribie Island Cinema

Bribie Island, QLD 4507

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 1 comment

davidcoppock on April 26, 2020 at 5:28 am

The first Bribie cineme opened in a Church of England Hall in Banya Street in 1948(200 seats(1948 to 1953), 192 seats(1953 to 1956), 225 seats(1956 to 1964). Closed in december 1964. Unknown if hall is still there(or even used?). Moved to Hendon Receation Hall in Cotterill Avenue(opening date of Hall unknown?). Bridie Cinema(2) opened in december 1964(used before as a skating rink) Closed in 1974 and became a charity shop(name unknown?). The charity shop ran for 20 years and then purchased by a church(baptist), which is still is running as a church.