Via dell'Ulivo, 6,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located a short distance to the east of the city centre, Teatro Alfieri was a major theatre and opera house in 18th and 19th century Florence. Opened in 1740, it was originally called the Teatro di Santa Maria (the name of a nearby street) or the Teatro Risoluti. The theatre underwent extensive reconstruction and enlargement in 1828, supervised by the architect Vittorio Bellini. It re-opened as the Teatro Alfieri, named in honour of playwright Vittorio Alfieri.
In the late-19th century and early 20th centuries it also became known as a performance venue for plays written in the Florentine dialect.
However, the theatre was demolished in 1928 when the Fascist government of Florence re-developed the Santa Croce district.
It is not known when the current cinema/theatre/performance space opened on the site, but it has developed into a place of encounter and exchange between people and the arts in the heart of Florence: cinema, theater, music, food, design and visual arts.
Seating is arranged on a single floor. However, a raised area at the back of the auditorium is set out with small tables so patrons can eat and drink while watching the entertainment.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.