Iberville Street and Burgundy Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previous Names: Blaney's Theatre Lyric
Opened prior to 1909 as Blaney’s Theatre Lyric on the corner of Iberville Street and Burgundy Street. It was still known as Blarney’s Lyric Theatre in 1914. Later became the Diamond Theatre, operated by R.M. Chisholm to exhibit Diamond Films Corporation produced films. The Diamond film office was on was in the Bayou St. John district and was formerly home to the Nola Film Company.
Chisholm’s goal was to show wholesome comedies, as the oil tycoon was turned off by what he termed vulgar slapstick comedies of the era. The Diamond concept was over in bankcruptcy and subject to a receiver’s auction that took place in 1919.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 1 comments)
Blaney’s New Orleans Lyric Theatre was mentioned in the February, 1909, issue of Pan-American Magazine. The house was one of several operated by the prolific author and producer of melodramas for both stage and screen, Charles E. Blaney.