Central Cinema
92 Cannock Road,
Blackford's,
Cannock,
WS11 5BY
No one has favorited this theater yet
Additional Info
Previous Names: Central Picture House
Nearby Theaters
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in the Blackwood’s district of Cannock, Staffordshire. The Central Picture House was opened 14th April 1914 with “Romeo and Juliet”. Seating was provided on a single sloping floor. There was an 18 feet deep stage and two dressing rooms which were used for occasional variety performances.
In 1930 it was equipped with a Gyrotone sound system and on 15th December 1930 it screened its first ‘talkie’ “The Rogue Song” starring Laurel & Hardy. It was later equipped with a British Talking Pictures(BTP) sound system. The Central Cinema was closed on 4th June 1959.
The building was then used by a taxi and car hire firm, and then, with the frontage removed, it became a kitchen & bathroom centre. It was demolished around 2010/2011 and housing has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.