367 W. Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: John Dill
Functions: Furniture Showroom
The Scenic Theatre was listed on the Sanborn Insurance Maps of 1911 but was probably open earlier. Upon the passing of Claude Slifer in 1947, the Idaho Falls Post-Register noted that the well-known man came to town in 1906. At the Scenic Theatre he operated the first projection machine in Idaho Falls and later moved to the Colonial Theatre. At the time of his death he was still projectionist at the Paramount Theatre.
According to a years-ago column in the Post-Register, architect John Dill remodeled the Scenic Theatre in 1914, but while operated by T.C. Wilson, it closed in 1915. The Scenic Theatre’s equipment and seats was transferred to a theatre in Blackfoot and in 1916 Mr. Dill remodeled it again, this time into shops.
After being occupied by a number of stores over the years, the building has been home to Catmull’s Furniture since 1977.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.