No one has favorited this theater yet
Firms: J.B. Bailey & Son
Previous Names: Picture Theatre, Electric Theatre, Palace Cinema
Located in Keighley, West Yorkshire. The Picture Theatre was opened in 1910. By 1914 it had been re-named Electric Theatre. By 1927 it had been re-named Palace Cinema. It was operated by the same independent owners of the towns' Cosy Corner Picture House. It was equipped with a British Thomson Houston(BTH) sound system.
On 31st December 1952 it was taken over by new owners and closed for modernisation, reopening as the Cavendish Cinema on 6th April 1953. It was listed with a 33 feet wide proscenium and a Western Electric(WE) sound system had been installed. From 8th June 1961 it began operating as a bingo club 2-days a week, and from 6th August 1961 bingo was plays on 3-days a week.
The Cavendish Cinema screened its last films on 13th September 1961 and became a full time bingo club. It has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.