388 Beverley Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: H.F. Wharf
Located in the north of Hull. The Mayfair Cinema was opened on 7th October 1929. It was designed by architect H.F. Wharf, and had seating provided in stalls and circle levels. It was equipped with a 2Manual/10Ranks Standaart organ which had an illuminated console and was opened by organist Max Erard. The proscenium was 30 feet wide, the stage 9 feet deep and there were two dressing rooms. It was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system. The Mayfair Cinema also had a café attached, for the convenience of its patrons.
The Mayfair Cinema was closed on 29th November 1964 and became the independently operated Mayfair Casino Bingo Club. It was later taken over by Mecca Bingo Clubs chain. In 1998 it was converted into a pub. This closed in 2011 and the building has been unused since then. In early 2014, planning permission was given to convert the building into flats.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.