No one has favorited this theater yet
The Coliseum Cinema was opened by the Abergavenny Coliseum Co. Ltd. on 3rd November 1913 with “Quo-Vadis”. It had 780 seats, a 25 feet wide proscenium and two dressing rooms. Live shows were also presented, with melodramas such as “The Red Barn” and “Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” featuring as part of the programming. On 10th October 1930 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system, and the first ‘talkie’ to be screened here was “Atlantic” starring Madeleine Carroll. In the mid-1950’s it was equipped with a 28 feet wide CinemaScope screen.
In mid-1989, the stalls area was converted into shop, and the cinema operated upstairs in and extension of the circle. In October 1992, the upstairs Coliseum Cinema was converted into a bingo club, with shops still operating downstairs.
It was converted into a J.D. Wetherspoon pub, which opened as the Coliseum on 14th March 2001.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.