New Regent Cinema
Red Lion Square,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Soham, Cambridgeshire. This was the second cinema in Red Lion Square, close to the Regal Cinema(1914-1950). It was completed for William Lund just in time before the 1939-45 war began, opening on 4th December 1939. Restrictions prevented a balcony being included. It had a 25 foot wide proscenium. The New Regent Cinema shared Paramount News with the Regal Cinema.
It was sold to London and Provincial Cinemas and was glad to add bingo and wrestling from 1961. In January 1964 it played bingo on one night a week. By May 1964 bingo was played on two nights a week. It closed as a cinema on 30th September 1968 with Barbara Steele in “Castle of Blood” & Cesare Danova in “Prehistoric Valley” (aka Valley of the Dragons). It became a full-time bingo club on 4th October 1968. Later in 1968 the building suffered damage from a fire. After closure by the mid-1970’s, the building became a light engineering works.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.