1 Ames Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Thomas Braddock
Styles: Art Deco
Located in Swanscombe, near Dartford, Kent. The Wardona Cinema was built on the site of the Jubilee Cinema, which had closed and was demolished in 1939 (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
The Wardona Cinema was built for and operated by the small chain of Wardona Cinemas Ltd. and opened on 3rd July 1939 with “The Lady Vanishes” and “Say It in French”. It was a simply designed Art Deco style building by London based architect Thomas Braddock. The exterior of the building had a fin sign with the name of the cinema in neon. The proscenium was 35 feet wide, and it was equipped with a Gaumont British(GB) sound system.
The Wardona Cinema was closed on 28th March 1958. It was then used as a warehouse, and after laying unused for several years was demolished. In the late-1980’s, sheltered housing for elderly was built on the site, known as Wardona Court.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.