1515 Elm Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Interstate Theatres Inc. & Texas Consolidated Theaters Inc., Telenews Theaters
Architects: Jack M. Corgan
Previous Names: Telenews Theatre
The 11th Telenews Theatre in the United States was created when an existing retail space at 1515 Elm Street was converted to a 640-seat theatre that played newsreels exclusively for its first five years of operation. The remodelling job cost $80,000. The Telenews Theaters circuit combined with the Interstate Theatre Corporation opening it on November 21, 1941. The all-newsreel concept was altered to include features as of December 1946.
Newsreels were minimized to the point that Interstate Theatres Inc changed the theatre’s name to Dallas Theatre opening December 25, 1950. One years later, Interstate Theatre Corporation sold the theatre to Greater Texas Theatres on November 1, 1951. They ran the Dallas Theatre just six months, closing it on May 12, 1952, and selling it to a real estate entity. That company placed an advertisement in July 1-2, 1952, offering everything including the seats and projectors for sale, thus ending the Telenews/Dallas Theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.