4412 S. Main Street,
3 people favorited this theater
Previously operated by: Loew's Inc.
Architects: W. Scott Dunne
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Loew's Delman Theatre, Maceba Theatre
News About This Theater
- Oct 6, 2010 — Happy 50th, "Spartacus"
Opened on November 28, 1934 with Shirley Temple in “Baby, Take a Bow”. The Delman Theatre was taken over by Loew’s Inc. on December 5, 1969. It closed as a movie theatre on February 5, 1978. It later converted for live performances and was renamed Maceba Theatre for short time before it finally closed in the mid-1990’s.
The Delman Theatre was demolished in June 2002 along with an adjacent strip of retail space. The theatre was not a locally or nationally registered landmark, but it had been on the Greater Houston Preservation Alliance’s "Endangered Buildings" list.
Tivoli Realty, which owned the building, believes the property is worth more now without the decaying theatre which had been damaged by two previous fires.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.