4353 Rue Sainte-Catherine E,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Theatre Denise-Pelletier (Official)
Previously operated by: United Amusement Corp., Ltd.
Functions: Performing Arts
Previous Names: Granada Theatre
The Granada Theatre was opened on 28th March 1930 with Janet Gaynor in “Sunny Side Up”. It was built for the United Amusement Theatres chain. Designed by architect Emmanuel Arthur Doucet with the splendid Atmospheric style interior carried out by interior designed Emmanuel Briffa. Seating was provided on one level in a stadium plan, with a raised section at the rear.
The Granada Theatre had a double bill policy in English until the early-1960’s and then French after. It closed as a movie theatre in 1976.
It was purchased by a Montreal theatre company Nouvelle Compagnie Theatrale who did some alterations when they enlarged the stage and removed the original proscenium arch, replacing it with a much plainer one. It reopened as the Theatre Denise-Pelletier on 14th October 1977.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.