Fort Wayne Drive-In

6224 Buffton Road,
Fort Wayne, IN 46809

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Additional Info

Nearby Theaters

Fort Wayne Drive-In

The Fort Wayne Drive-In opened in 1940 as a single screen ozone with a 712 car capacity. The original operators were Brailey-Browning Inc & United Film Booking Service. The theatre was later operated by Alliance Theatres and finally Cinecom.

The drive-in closed in 1985 and was later demolished. The area is now zoned commercial.

Contributed by Chuck

Recent comments (view all 6 comments)

koosmal
koosmal on December 12, 2009 at 3:13 am

After Cinecom, it was operated by Sportservice Theaters, along with Ft. Wayne’s Lincolndale and E. 30 Drive-in.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on December 16, 2009 at 5:53 pm

In 1956 it was owned by Giles Robb.A man that owned EVERY Drive-in in that city!

rivest266
rivest266 on June 29, 2012 at 6:49 pm

1951 aerial posted here.

jwmovies
jwmovies on October 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Above address is incorrect. Approx. address for this drive-in was 6224 Buffton. The entrance was between where Taco Bell and Long John Silver’s now stand.

koosmal
koosmal on March 18, 2018 at 12:55 pm

The entrance is still being used by businesses located on the former theater lot. The colored spotlights are still mounted on the large pole that was at the rear of the lot, can be seen from Old Trail Road.

MichaelKilgore
MichaelKilgore on August 19, 2019 at 11:44 am

Same drive-in? From the June 24, 1939 issue of Motion Picture Herald: “A new drive-in theatre has been opened in Fort Wayne, Ind., by Roy Gordon, managing director of Allen Theatres, Inc. Mr. Gordon plans to open a similar house for colored patronage.”

The first appearance of a Fort Wayne drive-in the the Film Daily Year Book was the 1947 edition as simply “Drive-In”.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.