52 Billit Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Queen's Theatre, Hornchurch (Official)
The Queen’s Theatre was opened by Sir Peter Hall on 2nd April 1975 in a new building designed by the Borough architect R.W. Hallam & project architect Norman Brooks. It replaced the earlier Queen’s Theatre on Station Lane which had previously been the Super Cinema (closed in 1935). The opening production was “Joseph and His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat” starring Patrick Rycart.
Several hit productions at the Queen’s Theatre have transfered to London’s West End, in particular; The Who’s “Tommy” starring Alan Love, which opened at the Queen’s Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue in 1979. Also the Liverpool set musical, “Blood Brothers” which first transfered to the Albery Theatre, St. Martin’s Lane in July 1988, then transfered to the Phoenix Theatre, Charing Cross Road in November 1991, where it played for 24 years!
Mainly used as a live theatre, the Queen’s Theatre does screen films occasionally, usually on a Sunday when there is no live performance.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.