66 bis Avenue des Gobelins,
No one has favorited this theater yet
UGC France (Official)
Operated by: UGC
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Previous Names: Palais des Gobelins, Pathe Gobelins, Telstar
Located in the south of the city centre. The Palais des Gobelins opened in 1908 and had a seating capacity of 500. It was operated by Pathe. Later enlarged to 800 seats in orchestra and balcony levels, it was re-named Pathe Gobelins.
The façade was renovated in the 1950’s when a large marquee was placed high up over the entrance, and in 1965 it was remodeled to the plans of M.A. Wang under the supervision of architect M. Edouard Lardillier and operated by Gaumont it was re-named Telstar. Taken over by UGC in 1976, it was divided into four screens and re-named UGC Gobelins.
In 1985, a further three screens were built on an adjacent car park at the rear. The entire 7-screen complex was renovated in 1991. Seating capacities in the screens range from 400, down to 80. The UGC Gobelins screens first run films, dubbed into French.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.