Burg Theatre

Stromsburg, NE 68666

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on September 1, 2021 at 6:44 pm

The Rialto was opened by John Arthur Johnson in May of 1918 as an improvement to the town’s Opera House and three former nickelodeon-styled venues. In 1928, the theatre converted to sound to remain viable. On May 1, 1931, the venue received a new refresh relaunching very briefly as the Del-Har-Co Theatre with Joe E. Brown in “Maybe It’s Love.” The theatre reverted within weeks to the Rialto. In 1949, Earl Barclay moved to Shelby to manage the theater there. New operators came in and made changes.

On April 11, 1950, the theatre’s name was changed to the Burg Theatre. On August 7, 1955, the Burg converted to widescreen to present CinemaScope and Vista Vision films beginning with “There’s no Business Like Show Business.”