Bow-Tie Warner Theater
190 E. Ridgewood Avenue,
10 people favorited this theater
Bow-Tie Cinemas (Official)
Operated by: Bow-Tie Cinemas
Architects: Thomas White Lamb
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Warner Theatre, Warner Quad
News About This Theater
Opened on June 15, 1932 with Warren William & Bette Davis in “The Dark Horse”. This 1,542-seat Art Deco style neighborhood palace was originally part of the Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. The Warner Theatre later became part of the Stanley-Warner chain and then the merged units of RKO-Stanley-Warner.
As the decades worn on, the Warner Theatre lost its grand, signature Warner sign. It was twinned on June 26, 1978. In 1981, Cineplex Odeon purchased the theatre and converted it into a four screen house on May 23, 1984 and renamed Warner Quad. Operated by Clearview Cinemas circuit since 1998, in June 2013, Bow-Tie Cinemas took over, as that chain took most Clearview locations. The Warner Quad offers a healthy diet of first run commercial and art house fare and its asymmetrical Art Deco style façade continues to highlight Ridgewood Avenue.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.