Kwong Ming Theatre
Public Square Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Kwong Ming Theatre was situated in the Yaumati district on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong. “Kwong Ming”, meaning “brightness”, is the Cantonese pronunciation of its Chinese name.
The theatre was a neighbourhood cinema and adjacent to the New Tat Yat Theatre. It opened to business at an unknown date before 10th February, 1932, and showed selected films until the outbreak of war on 8th December, 1941.
It re-opened at an unknown date in 1942, and showed films censored by the Japanese Army. According to a news report published by the Chinese language newspaper “Wah Kiu Yat Po”, the theatre was closed to business as of 17th October, 1943.
It re-opened at an unknown date after the
war, and showed selected English language and first run Cantonese films until its closure in May 1964.
A fire broke out from the screen of the theatre in the afternoon on 24th May, 1959, and the theatre had to be closed for refurbishment.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.