408 Armour Road,
North Kansas City,
1 person favorited this theater
Styles: Spanish Renaissance
Previous Names: Armour Theatre, Centre Theatre, Paradise Theatre
News About This Theater
- Mar 2, 2013 — Three key technologies drive evolution in movie theater industry
- May 23, 2008 — Refurbished Screenland Armour Theatre opens today
- Nov 12, 2007 — New owner for Paradise
- Oct 30, 2007 — Armour Theatre in N. Kansas City gets abatements from city
- Aug 31, 2007 — Kansas City's Screenland owner buys Armour Theater
Designed in a Spanish Revival style by noted Kansas City architects Keene & Simpson, the Armour Theatre opened in September 1928 with 650 seats. It reopened as the Center Theater on December 25, 1963.
In 1984 it operated as a live theatre, known as the Paradise Theatre. It was renovated and reopened in February 2008 by the independent Screenland chain. Now seating 300 station seats, with a selection of red leather loungers. The Screenland Armour now serves food and drinks with the movies.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.