240 Route 202 North,
2 people favorited this theater
News About This Theater
- Apr 5, 2011 — Cinema Plaza closes; last remaining theater in Hunterdon county
- May 11, 2010 — Cinema Plaza in Flemington may not have a future
This theatre was built as a dairy barn in the 1920’s and it continued in this capacity through 1965. In 1966 the property was converted to a Chevrolet dealership and continued as such through 1981.
In 1981 Dick Nathan of Nathan Theatres bought the property to replace the aging Hunterdon Theatre (single screen) nearby. He converted the new-car showroom and former milking barn into retail stores and a five-screen movie theatre. A sixth screen was added in 1992 in what was the old hay loft. The original farmhouse still stands at the back of the property. The theatre is the only one in Hunterdon County, NJ and was slated for replacement in 2006 by AmericanPlace Movies.
The Cinema Plaza was closed on March 27, 2011, and was demolished in May 2011. A Starbucks now stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.