5917 Delmar Boulevard,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Firms: Kennerly & Steigemeyer
Previous Names: Park Theatre
Opened on January 19, 1914 as the Park Theatre due to the fact that the Park Opera Company operated it. It was built at a cost of $100-$150,000.00. The building was of reinforced concrete and towards the end it was called unsafe by the city of St. Louis and tore down.
When the opera company disbanded the name was changed to the Pershing Theatre and movies became the mainstay from February 13, 1919 showing Clara Kimball in “Cheating Cheaters”. In 1919 a Kilgen 3/13 pipe organ was installed. In 1921 the Kilgen ledger show the organ was moved to the Arsenal Theatre and was installed in it. The ledger only shows three manuals so the organ may have been reduced in size to fit the Arsenal Theatre. The Pershing Theatre was closed as a silent cinema in 1928. It was demolished in March 1937.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.