International Music House
16 Sixth Street E,
4 people favorited this theater
Firms: Rapp & Rapp
Previous Names: B.F. Keith Palace Theatre, RKO Palace Theatre, RKO International 70
News About This Theater
- Apr 1, 2013 — "2001: A Space Odyssey" 45th Anniversary – The Cinerama Engagements
- Mar 2, 2010 — Happy 45th, "The Sound Of Music"
Opened on December 6, 1919 as the Palace Theatre, B.F. Keith founded this theatre as part of his circuit and it remained a vaudeville house until 1928 when it switched over to movies. Seating was provided for 3,037 and it was equipped with a Wurlitzer theatre organ. Taken over by RKO, it was renamed RKO Palace Theatre. On May 28, 1964 it was renamed RKO International 70. It was equipped with Nolrelco 70mm projectors. The screen was 44ft wide and 22ft high. It closed as a movie theatre on April 27, 1976 with Irene Cara & Phillip Michael Thomas in “Sparkle”. It reopened as the International Music House on October 23 1978 becaming a venue for stage shows, concerts, and Broadway musicals.
The former Palace Theatre was closed on March 7, 1982 and was demolished in December 1982. A large office building was erected on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.