235 Glenferrie Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
More Photos of This Theater
Metro Malvern 235 Glenferrie Road, Malvern, VIC
Photo - Ian Hanson
Located in the south Melbourne suburb of Malvern. The Embassy Theatre was opened in 1935 and was operated by the independent Stanhope Theatres Property Ltd. In 1952 it was taken over by MGM Theatres and was re-named Metro Theatre and began screening MGM films, sometimes concurrent with the city centre.
In 1972 it was taken over by the Dendy Cinemas chain and re-named Dendy Cinema. In 1978 and independent operator took over and it was re-named Metro Malvern. It was closed in 1984.
It was demolished and shops and restaurants were built on the site - Notes by Ken Roe
Contributed by Greg Lynch -
1 person favorited this photo